Your name:
Your email address:
Your phone number:
1190 Meramec Station Rd, Suite 203  First Bank Building
Ballwin, MO 63021
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail.
The choice of an attorney is an important decision and is not to be made solely on the basis of advertising. Accessing or the use of this website does not create an attorney-client relationship with Case & Rajnoha. Confidential or time
sensitive information should not be sent through the use of this website. This website is intended to provide the reader with a general understanding about select legal topics, not to provide legal advice or opinion. You should consult with
an attorney before using any information contained on this site.
Quick Contact Form
Our online form is available in order to help you more quickly,
please fill out the form below and click submit or if you prefer,
call our office at:
(636) 861-1111.
West County Family Law
1190 Meramec Station Rd.
First Bank Bldg., Suite 203
Ballwin, MO 63021
636-861-1127 fax
Contact West County Family Law online or call us at 636-861-1111 to schedule your initial consultation with one of our attorneys
so that you can learn more about your rights and options.
West County Family Law

West County Family Law
Ballwin, Mo. Office

Experienced Service and Legal Counsel

Our goal at West County Family Law is to provide the highest quality of experience, service and legal counsel. With more than 65 years of
experience, attorneys
Case & Rajnoha are capable of handling many types of legal matters. Founded in 1975, West County Family Law's
trademark has been prompt, personal attention. Our success has been our dedication to our clients and protecting  their best interests and
rights. Our clients deserve to be well-represented, with quality legal services provided by a dedicated team of attorneys and paralegals. We
pride ourselves in our personal service by making sure we are available for our client throughout the legal process.

We're Here to Help You

We seek to help you through the legal problem confronting you. The first step is an easy one: call us for a free  telephone consultation at
(636) 861-1111 to speak with our Ballwin family and criminal law attorneys. You can also contact us online. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
West County Family Law Form 14 Attorneys
Joel Case & Sally Rajnoha
West County Family Law
What is Form 14 and why do we need it?

In Missouri, child support is determined by statute (law). This statue explains what the Form 14 is and orders that child support shall be
determined by this Form 14. The child support amounts are determined for both parents and based on mathematical calculations for both
parties’ gross incomes and other deductions.

The top of the chart asks you to enter your gross income. This is your yearly salary, including bonuses and overtime. This is the number you
have prior to taxes and health care deductions. If your salary significantly fluctuates year to year, or you have switched jobs, the Judge may
ask for your last three years of tax returns. Once they have these three years of numbers, the Judge can average them to give you your
gross income. If the other party is unemployed, the Judge can adjust their gross income to be that of minimum wage, as that party is
expected to work.

The Form 14 also allows each party to make certain adjustments to their gross salary. If either party is paying court-ordered maintenance to
another party, child support paid for a child not a party to this action, or if you have another child in your custody, you will receive an
adjustment. All of these numbers can add up to deductions from your gross salary.

For example, if your gross income is $40,000 a year, your monthly gross income is $3,333. If you have one other child in your custody who is
not a party to this action and you do not receive child support for, you would receive a $659 deduction. This would make your adjusted gross
income $2,647. These adjusted gross income totals give each party a percentage of the total amount of both parties’ gross income.

The chart then reviews each party’s deductions. The primary caregiver can receive a credit for additional child-rearing costs. The non-
custodial parent can also receive a credit for daycare costs (this is also called reasonable work-related child care costs of the parent paying
support). Another deduction is that of health care insurance for the children who are a party to this action. The court will ask you to get a
breakdown of the employee (either one of the parties) plus child or family. The court will only award you the amount that is paid for the
children of the action. They will minus the amount that it costs for the employee to maintain this insurance from that of the total for employee
plus child.

Further deductions can include either party being able to take a deduction for uninsured medical expenses. These are expenses that are not
covered by the child’s health care plan. This can apply when uninsured medical expenses are over $250 a year and are predictable and
recurring. These expenses can include asthma treatments, dental costs, orthodontia costs and physical therapy.

A final deduction can also include other extraordinary child-rearing costs. These deductions are only included if they are agreed by the
parties and ordered by the Court.

These include tuition at a post-secondary school, tuition at a private or parochial school, tutoring sessions, camps, lessons, travel or any
other educational expense intended to enhance the academic, social or cultural development of the child.

The bottom of the chart, or Line 11, allows the non-custodial parent to receive a visitation credit for the amount of overtime they can receive
in a year. These percentages range from 6% to 34%, which is ordered when the parties are sharing 50-50 custody. The chart then comes up
with your final child support number.

I would advise you to always consult an attorney to prepare your Form 14. In addition, it is your job to provide your attorney with accurate
paperwork to identify these adjustments or deductions for your Form 14. If you do not use accurate numbers, your child support number
could be too high or low.

Further, if the other party is seeking a modification of the child support, then they need to present a new Form 14 to the Court that details a
20% change from the previously ordered Form 14.