Your name:
Your email address:
Your phone number:
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail.
The choice of an attorney is an important decision and is not to be made solely on the basis of advertising. Accessing or the use of this website does not create an attorney-client relationship with Case & Rajnoha. Confidential or time
sensitive information should not be sent through the use of this website. This website is intended to provide the reader with a general understanding about select legal topics, not to provide legal advice or opinion. You should consult with
an attorney before using any information contained on this site.
Quick Contact Form
Our online form is available in order to help you more quickly,
please fill out the form below and click submit or if you prefer,
call our office at:
(636) 861-1111.
West County Family Law
1190 Meramec Station Rd.
First Bank Bldg., Suite 203
Ballwin, MO 63021
636-861-1127 fax
Contact West County Family Law online or call us at 636-861-1111 to schedule your initial consultation with one of our attorneys
so that you can learn more about your rights and options.

West County Family Law
Ballwin, Mo. Office

We're Here to Help You

We seek to help you through the legal problem confronting you. The first step is an easy one: call us for a free  telephone consultation at
(636) 861-1111 to speak with our Ballwin family and criminal law attorneys. You can also contact us online. We accept Visa and MasterCard.

West County Family Law is located in Ballwin, Missouri, and serves the cities of St. Louis, Chesterfield,  Fenton, Valley Park, Clayton, Creve
Coeur, Kirkwood,    Des Peres, Webster Groves, Manchester, Eureka, Hillsboro, Maryland Heights, Town and Country, Ellisville, Frontenac,
Wildwood, Ladue and Crestwood. We also serve other communities in St. Louis County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, West County
and South County.
West County Family Law - Blog
Joel Case & Sally Rajnoha
West County Family Law
A New Baby! What Do I Do Now?

The lesson here is when you go to the expense and trouble of preparing your own Last Will and Testament, Living Trust,
or beneficiary deed, let your loved ones know where these documents are located. Better yet, add on the Personal Representative
named in the Will or Successor Trustee of your Living Trust to the safe deposit box.  If you keep your important papers in a safe
at home, be sure to let someone know where the key is.   

Congratulations to our legal assistant, Amanda, on the birth of her new baby boy. A new addition to the family is a wonderful and
busy time, getting used to new routines and trying to get everyone on a schedule. When you finally get a second to breathe, you
might start thinking about your child's future. When should I set up a college fund? Should I get additional life insurance? What about
writing a will? These are all important questions and I will deal with the latter in this blog. Having a baby, like any life-changing event,
is a perfect time to re-evaluate your situation. Whether it's the birth of a child, a divorce, or the death of a family member, your life will
never be the same. These are the times to think about both your financial and legal situation. From a legal perspective, the birth of a
child means not only an additional beneficiary, but also the need to plan for the unexpected. If both parents should die, who would
care for the child? This is the time for a serious discussion with the other parent. If the unthinkable happens and you failed to put
your choice in a proper legal document, there could be a serious conflict between family members. Grandma and Aunt Mary may
both believe they are the obvious and only choice. But would that be in the child's best interest? Is that what you would have
wanted? Who decides? Unfortunately, it would be the judge, a complete stranger. That is not who should make such a critical
decision. It should be you and your spouse or partner. An expensive court battle over the custody of your child is the last thing you
would want to leave your grieving family. The solution, which is relatively easy, is to draft a simple will naming an agreed-upon
person to assume the roles of personal guardian and trustee. The guardian has physical custody of your child should you die before
your child reaches majority age (currently 18 in Missouri) and the trustee handles your child's finances. It can be the same person,
but does not have to be. You can also name back-ups for those appointments. The loving aunt who your child adores may be terrible
with finances, so choose carefully. It will probably never be needed, but if it is, you want your child to be in the best hands possible
........ the ones you chose.

Attorney Sally Rajnoha